Guess there’s no point making 10 posts about the trip, so I’ll just list out the notes I made during the trip in 3 posts.
11 July: Taipei Ximending
- 阿宗面线 was really tasty and peppery. It’s a real deal for only NT30!
- We ate some awesome fried pork ribs. The rice was real nice. The egg soup as well.
- Stumbled upon 西门红楼, which was a very interesting place. The row of pubs behind it was like discovering a paradise.
- Pub wanted to charge us NT499 for free flow drinks!!! We didn’t drink. 🙁
- Shops are opened past 10.30pm. Amazing.
- The bed was real hard, like a wooden plank.
12 July: Sapporo, Lake Toya
- Flight to Sapporo. Loved the natural air-con when I stepped out of the airport.
- There happened to be fireworks at Lake Toya, which was where we stayed for the night. 🙂
- First time sleeping on a real Futon. The blanket was super hot.
- Watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. They had it dubbed into Japanese, but we switched to English to watch. It was too weird.
13 July: Lake Toya, Otaru
- Wild life in your face. Loved it.
- Tried melon softee for the first time.
- Went to a zoo with bears only. Saw a weird bear.
- Was raining so hard, we couldn’t take much pictures.
- The only 白い恋人 factory is in Otaru.
- Fell in love with ornaments at music box museum. Bought a unique handphone accessory.
- Tried Le Tao at CS’s recommendation. Cakes looked super pretty!