Same as last year, I can check 2 out of 3 of my resolutions off!
- Not to lose my temper at work ✓
- Go to the gym at least once a week
- Have a blissful marriage (2 months and counting) ✓
Here’s the usual monthly highlights :D
- Started Project 365
- Ah Bit had to have his left front arm amputated due to the tumor that was growing at an alarming rate. Extremely nerve wrecking moment.
- Finished The Hunger Games trilogy
- Maxed out D3 beta character
- Pre-wedding Photoshoot, Diablo 3 Launch, Hello Orange and Lady Gaga Born This Way Ball
- Jaye’s Wedding, and Farewell Alice
- Hong Kong Trip (first BFF holiday!) and ended Project 365
- My first NDP Preview, MK joins, bought S3 and Alexis farewell
- Han was my hen’s night stripper, ROM, flashed my S3 and wrote a tutorial about it
- Got married, I haven’t started uploading the photos for the dinner yet. :(
- I has red hair and bye bye Fred
- SingTel Team Christmas Party, ended the year in Seoul with my first white Christmas
In July, I found out that AT&T released the red Galaxy S3, asked a couple of sources (official mobile operators and ah beng shops), and there were no confirmation we would get them in Singapore. On impulse, I bought it off the Internet (eBay has everything, you know?). Anyway, we now have the red S3 available in Singapore. It’s the i9300 model, which is quad core. The AT&T model is i747 and it’s only dual core.
Received from SingPost (bloody charged me additional 7% GST) on 23 Aug, but haven’t been able to update to Jellybean as the software wasn’t available.
Randomly did a Google search for “i747 jelly bean” today and found out that CyanogenMod has a Jellybean nightly for my device.
Follow the steps below to get Jellybean nightly from CyanogenMod into your i747 from AT&T.
- How to flash ClockworkMod Recovery
- How to root and install BusyBox (Note: Installation of BusyBox is not mandatory)
- Download and install ROM Manager from Google Play Store
- Start ROM Manager
- Tap on “Backup Current ROM” and select your device “Samsung Galaxy S III (AT&T)”
Note: If it prompts you to install ClockworkMod recovery, wait for the app to finish processing, allow Superuser access to ROM Manager, and tap on “Backup Current ROM” again.
- Name your backup and tap “OK”, your device will perform the backup and reboot.
- Download the latest nightly build from CyanogenMod Nightly Builds for Samsung Galaxy S III (AT&T) i747 and Google Apps Package into your computer
- Connect your device to your computer and copy paste the nightly build and Google Apps package into your device’s internal memory
- Start ROM Manager
- Tap on “Install ROM from SD Card” and select the nightly build file
- Check “Wipe Data and Cache” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache”
- Tap “OK” twice, and wait for your device to finish processing and reboot.
Ta-dah! You are now running the latest nightly from CyanogenMod.
- Start ROM Manager
- Tap on “Reboot into Recovery”
- Tap “OK” to confirm
- Tap “Allow” Superuser access to ROM Manager
- Use the down volume button to navigate to “install zip from sdcard”, use the home button to select this option
- Use the home button to select “choose zip from sdcard”
- Select the Google Apps package
- Use the down volume button to navigate to “Yes – install…”, use the home button to select this option, and let your device process
- Tap the back button
- Press the home button to select “reboot system now”. That’s it, you’re done! :)
And this is the last Project 365 photo for 2012.
I realised that my life is not exciting enough to generate a photo a day, and sometimes I get sucked into a whirlwind of work that I might not even see Han for a couple of weeks, so I gave up on this project. :x Additionally, I generate truck loads of photos for each event, and since I am only able to share one per day, I have to then pick the most significant one. Too much work, so I’m sticking to drowning people with photos for every significant event in my life, instead of struggling to generate a photo, or having to pick the most significant one.