Had the sudden urge to eat banana cake, so I decided to try making one. Followed the recipe here.
250g Salted butter
220g Castor sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
4 tablespoon Milk
3 mashed Bananas
220g Bob’s Red Mill whole wheat graham flour
1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon Baking powder
- Sift the flour with the bicarbonate of soda, and baking powder
- Follow the recipe here. However, bake for 20 minutes in pre-heated 200℉ oven if you are making cupcakes like I did.
The final product looks burnt, but rest assured it isn’t. It’s a slightly darker brown due to the color of the flour.
Ah Bit, my angora mix rabbit of 12 years, passed away on 7 Feb 2014. I cried myself all the way home from work after receiving the news, called the cremation service immediately, and they collected him within two hours of the call. I only started accepting his death when I received the urn with his ashes the next day. I thought I’d be ok, I still had Melon, my pudding hamster. To my horror, he passed away a couple of days later.
I went from having pets the past decade, to no pets in a week. I was devastated. Han asked if I would get another rabbit. I couldn’t. I broke down every time I looked at a photo gallery of rabbits. So I asked if I could have a puppy instead.
When I was in my early twenties, I discovered “teddy poodles”. Red toy poodles with teddy bear cuts from Taiwan. I was really obsessed with them, and researched extensively on where I could get one, how much it would cost, etc. I had even decided on the name – Buru – after Buru the Gorger, a boss in the Ruins of Ahn’Qiraj in the World of Warcraft. My best friend’s dad knew me as the girl who loved dogs, but never had one.
We already had Oreo (my brother’s Miniature Schnauzer); I was not allowed to have Buru. Plus, I already had Ah Bit at that time. But my obsession lived on, I kept a red toy poodle named Buru in my NDSL, bought a little red toy poodle plush and named it Buru, and later kept another red toy poodle in my 3DS, AND named it Buru. Everybody in my close group of friends knew that I had always wanted to have a toy poodle as a pet for 1/3 of my life.
Today, my lifetime wish was granted, by my in-laws and Han. We bought Pong Pong (Fluffy in hokkien) from a home breeder today, and he’s coming home with me this Friday.
Hey baby, I hope we will give you a long and healthy life for the next decade.
I had the sudden inspiration to bake cornflake cookies during Chinese New Year this year when I saw them on sale at Breadtalk.
Here’s the recipe I used.
250g Caster sugar
300g Sifted self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
100g Crushed cornflakes
Sun-Maid baking raisins
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy white
- Add sifted flour, cornflakes, sultanas, vanilla essence and mix well with spatula
- Bake for 10 minutes in pre-heated 200℉ oven
Same as last year, I can check 2 out of 3 of my resolutions off!
- Not to lose my temper at work ✓
- Go to the gym at least once a week
- Have a blissful marriage (2 months and counting) ✓
Here’s the usual monthly highlights :D
- Started Project 365
- Ah Bit had to have his left front arm amputated due to the tumor that was growing at an alarming rate. Extremely nerve wrecking moment.
- Finished The Hunger Games trilogy
- Maxed out D3 beta character
- Pre-wedding Photoshoot, Diablo 3 Launch, Hello Orange and Lady Gaga Born This Way Ball
- Jaye’s Wedding, and Farewell Alice
- Hong Kong Trip (first BFF holiday!) and ended Project 365
- My first NDP Preview, MK joins, bought S3 and Alexis farewell
- Han was my hen’s night stripper, ROM, flashed my S3 and wrote a tutorial about it
- Got married, I haven’t started uploading the photos for the dinner yet. :(
- I has red hair and bye bye Fred
- SingTel Team Christmas Party, ended the year in Seoul with my first white Christmas